Common causes of Paragon crashes
There are a number of different reasons why Paragon may crash. In order to investigate and potentially correct the cause of your crash, please try all of the following:
- Make sure that your computer meets Paragon's minimum specifications. If it does not, that is likely the cause of the crash.
- Make sure your computer has the most recent graphics drivers.
- If your graphics card is manufactured by Nvidia, you can search for the latest drivers here.
- If your graphics card is manufactured by AMD, you can search for the latest drivers here.
- If you are unsure of what kind of graphics card you have, you can find that information in your computer's dxdiag. You can find instructions for generating your dxdiag here. Your graphics card will be listed on the Display 1 tab of the dxdiag window.
- Make sure you are playing on the correct graphical settings for your hardware. You can use the table in our FAQ as a guide for the appropriate settings for most graphics cards or use the auto-detect option in the game's graphical settings menu. When in doubt, try lowering your graphical settings.
- Make sure that you are not running any software that conflicts with Paragon. If you are, you should be able to temporarily disable it while playing Paragon to fix the issue. The following are programs that are known to conflict with our software:
- Bitdefender Total Security
- AVG 2015
- Comodo Internet Security
- Nvidia Forceware
- Nvidia GeForce Experience
- If you are still having trouble, try disabling background applications to make sure that there are no other programs interfering with Paragon.