"Could not establish a web session. Please try again." when attempting to log into the Epic Games launcher
To solve this issue, try the following:
- Make sure you are not behind a proxy and do not have epicgames.com and its subdomains filtered.
- If you are behind a proxy, add an exception for epicgames.com and its subdomains (or ask your IT department to do so).
- Make sure that if you are behind a firewall that exceptions are made for epicgames.com and its subdomains (or ask your IT department to do so).
- Try switching your DNS Server (OpenDNS or GoogleDNS)
- Check your 443 Port status here
- If it is closed, navigate to Control Panel> System and Security> Windows Firewall
- Click Advanced Settings
- On the left, select Inbound Rules
- On the right, select New Rule...
- Select Port, then click Next
- In the text box beside Specific local ports, enter 443, then click Next three more times
- In the Name box, enter UE4, then click Finish